The Agilent 2100 electrophoresis bioanalyzer is a microfluidics-based platform for the analysis of RNA, DNA and protein. It delivers high quality digital data using minimal sample. More information on the assays available can be found on the Agilent website. The Bioanalyzer services offered by the Centre are summarised in the table below.
Flip device horizontal to see full table
|BIOANALYZER CHIP TYPE||FEATURES||SAMPLES PER CHIP||COST PER CHIP*||COST PER LANE*||CONCENTRATION RANGE OF SAMPLE|
|RNA 6000 Nano||Provides an RNA Integrity Number (RIN)||12||$96||$8||25-500 ng/µl|
|RNA 6000 Pico||Provides an RNA Integrity Number (RIN)||11||$88||NA||50–5000pg/µl|
*Prices include the chip, reagent and labour. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Bioanalyzer Sample Submission Guide
Please follow these four steps:
1. General Sample Submission Criteria:
Please ensure that your samples meet the following criteria:
- Samples must be within the concentration range outlined in the table above.
- Samples must be submitted in 1.5ml tubes (non screw cap).
- A minimum of 2ul of sample must be provided.
- Samples must be clearly labelled with the LIMS ID, refer to point 3 below.
– Please email a copy of your purchase order to the Centre. Purchase orders are generated by the purchasing department of your institution and authorise the transaction.
– If you intend to pay be credit card please email the Centre the following details: billing name, address, email and phone number.
– If you are internal to UNSW email us your project codes (Dept ID, Project ID, Fund Code).
– Failure to provide this information will lead to a delay in processing your samples.
3. Online sample submission:
Before sending your samples please electronically submit them to the Centre using our Customer Sample Submission Portal.
– New customers are required to sign up for a user ID. Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Centre before being activated. For further instructions please refer to our creating a User ID guide.
– Follow the submission instructions carefully or the Excel spreadsheet will fail to upload. Please refer to the guide to submitting samples. for detailed instructions.
– The system will issue a unique ID for each sample, please label tubes/plates with this ID.
4. Ship your samples:
On completion of the above samples can be shipped to the Centre.
Courier Delivery Address
Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics
Faculty of Science
Upper Campus Store, Room LG018
E26, Bioscience South
LG018 Loading Dock,
Via Gate 11 Botany Street,
UNSW Sydney NSW 2052
Tel: (02) 9385 1241
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm
In Person Drop off
The Ramaciotti Centre
Level 2, Biosciences South Building (E26)
UNSW Sydney, NSW 2052
Tel: (02) 9385 1241
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Please check that there will be someone available to accept them by calling (02) 9385 1241.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take?
It will take about 2-3 working days if you are running a full chip of 11 or 12 samples. If you are running partial chips the turnaround time is variable, as it is dependent on other sample submissions.
What output files do I receive?
Your data will be emailed in the form of a pdf file. If you require the .xad file (which can only be opened using Agilent Bioanalyzer software) this can be supplied upon request.
If you have any other questions regarding Bioanalyzer assays please consult the Agilent website. Alternatively you can contact the Centre to discuss your project.