IMPORTANT: The Agilent Bioanalyzer Service will be discontinued as of 31st Of August 2017.
As of the 31st of August 2017 the Ramaciotti Centre will cease to provide an Agilent Bioanalyzer service to non-UNSW clients. The Agilent Bioanalyzer service will continue to be a component of our quality control checks which are included in any sequencing or microarray service that we provide.
The Bioanalyzer services offered to clients with a UNSW project code (i.e. funds administered by UNSW) are summarised in the table below.
Flip device horizontal to see full table
|BIOANALYZER CHIP TYPE||FEATURES||SAMPLES PER CHIP||COST PER CHIP*||COST PER LANE*||CONCENTRATION RANGE OF SAMPLE|
|RNA 6000 Nano||Provides an RNA Integrity Number (RIN)||12||$96||$8||25-500 ng/µl|
|RNA 6000 Pico||Provides an RNA Integrity Number (RIN)||11||$88||NA||50–5000pg/µl|
*Prices include the chip, reagent and labour. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Bioanalyzer Sample Submission Guide
Please follow these four steps:
1. General Sample Submission Criteria:
- Samples must be within the concentration range outlined in the table above.
- Samples must be submitted in 1.5ml tubes (non screw cap).
- A minimum of 2ul of sample must be provided.
- Samples must be clearly labelled with the LIMS ID, refer to point 3 below.
Ensure that you include the full project codes (Dept ID, Project ID, Fund Code) on the electronic submission form. Failure to provide this information will lead to a delay in processing your samples.
3. Online sample submission:
Before sending your samples please electronically submit them to the Centre using our Customer Sample Submission Portal.
– New customers are required to sign up for a user ID. Applications will be reviewed and approved by the Centre before being activated. For further instructions please refer to our creating a User ID guide.
– Follow the submission instructions carefully or the Excel spreadsheet will fail to upload. Please refer to the guide to submitting samples. for detailed instructions.
– The system will issue a unique ID for each sample, please label tubes/plates with this ID.
4. Drop off your samples:
Level 2, Biosciences South Building (E26)
UNSW Sydney, NSW 2052
Tel: (02) 9385 1241
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Please check that there will be someone available to accept them by calling (02) 9385 1241.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take?
It will take about 2-3 working days if you are running a full chip of 11 or 12 samples. If you are running partial chips the turnaround time is variable, as it is dependent on other sample submissions.
What output files do I receive?
Your data will be emailed in the form of a pdf file. If you require the .xad file (which can only be opened using Agilent Bioanalyzer software) this can be supplied upon request.